Total Time: 1 hour and 35 minutes
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
500 grams pork liempo cut into cubes
1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup chopped onion
4-6 dried bay leaves
6 tablespoon vinegar
1⁄2 cup SARAP PINOYNL Bagoong (original, sweet or spicy) 1 piece red chili pepper
500 ml water
Salt and pepper to taste
Fried onion and shallots to garnish (optional)
1. Bring water in a pot to a boil.
2. Add pork, dried bay leaves and vinegar. Let it cook for 40-45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
3. Drain and set aside.
4. In a separate pan, heat the oil and fry all the side of the
pork then set aside.
5. Fry the eggplant then set aside.
6. In the same pan, saute garlic and onion.
7. Add SARAP PINOYNL BAGOONG and let it cook for 5 minutes. Add the fried pork cubes then let it simmer for 2 minutes.
8. Add the fried eggplant. Mix well until bagoong has fully blended in with the rest of the ingredients. Add the red chili, salt and pepper.
9. Cook and simmer for another 5 minutes. Garnish with shallots and fried onions.
10. Serve hot with a bowl of garlic or Java rice.
Find more of the Filipino food that you can’t live without in www.sarappinoynl.com.